The spotlight is shining on the amazing hugger and super-connector of people, Dee Cheung, who is one busy momma! Dee has long served as a beacon of inspiration for all things wellness in this concrete jungle. In addition to teaching high school kids meditation and consciousness, she has co-founded SUPYogaHK, and she and her husband opened FloatOn – the first float therapy centre in Hong Kong!
As you’ll hear, Dee joined the program when she was newly pregnant, and managed to attend all our calls throughout her pregnancy. In fact, listen in to hear how she managed to not even miss a call after giving birth!
We also cover how she survived her ‘fourth trimester‘ (moms out there know all about it!) and how now, especially given her own personal rebirth, she’s been able to create even stronger connections with her clients.
It’s been such an honor seeing Dee step further into her genius in the past year during my small group coaching program. This woman is a dynamo, and truly gifted at being a loving, compassionate teacher!
Key takeaways from this conversation?
In this interview, you’ll discover:
- Moving from the space of friendship into coaching and the benefits that come with it. [4:30]
- The importance of calling in support & creating systems that honor and manage your time. [7:10]
- How Dee balanced being a new mom & birthing her big business ideas simultaneously. [16:05]
- The need for self-acceptance and self-compassion on your journey. [23:38]
- Setting boundaries as a mom & owning a business with your partner. [34:32]
- Why small group coaching was worth the investment and how it came at the right time. [45:59]
- Growing pains of hiring and creating a team. [49:40]
Watch the video to hear how Dee was able to stand in her own power and pursue her love of teaching.
“Willo is SO resourceful. I got into Trello because of her. I know about Zoom. I know about Calendly. I know so much now, because of the wealth of knowledge that she is. On a practical level, as a coach, that’s so important. Obviously, the other side of it being that she’s so heart-centered. She creates space for people to talk about what’s actually going on in their life.”